The Cotswold Water Park Area
This wonderful waterland region is made up of 170 lakes and covers over 40 square miles of beautiful Cotswold countryside. The Cotswold Water Park area is on the borders of Wiltshire and Gloucestershire and offers visitors so much to see and do including the start of the River Thames.
There is a wide range of activities on and around many of the lakes including excellent fishing opportunities, extensive water sports, swimming, water based adventure courses and even a sandy beach resort. In addition there are numerous country parks, wildlife and nature reserves with good bird and wildlife watching opportunities and a mapped network of well marked walking and cycle trails.
The Cotswold Water Park area is not just all about water as it offers some wonderful places to head out to eat and drink. many popular local pubs, cafes, tea shops and restaurants. The Cotswolds region and beyond offers a great deal of places to visit and explore. These include many old, unspoilt pretty villages, cosy country pubs, historic market towns, gardens, stately homes and some superb walks.
Local Area Activities Include:
- Fishing - large choice of specialist carp & coarse fishing lakes for all abilities
- Watersports - Sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, kayaking, stand up paddle-boarding, etc.
- Swimming, water adventure, boat hire, pedalos and more - Cotswold Country Park & Beach
- Water-skiing on Spring Lake, wake boarding & cable skiing
- Cycling - many well marked cycle paths & trails - bike hire available locally
- Walking - great network of footpaths & nature trails
- Thames Path including the Head of the Thames
- Boat trips on the Thames from Lechlade
Local Activities (continued)
- Wildlife & nature reserves and various Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI)
- Birdwatching - wonderful wetland wildfowl habitats & well marked bird hides for viewing
- Local activities include paintball, off road buggy driving, clay pigeon shooting, archery & golf
- Great choice of country pubs, local cafes, restaurants & takeaways throughout the Cotswold Water Park area
- Market towns, pretty Cotswold villages including Bibury, Lechlade & Cirencester nearby
- Easy access to the beautiful Cotswold region
Places to Eat & Drink
- Old Boathouse Bar & Restaurant - Devere Hotel (300 m)
- Lakeside Brasserie, Spring Lake – 1/2 mile
- The Royal Oak Pub, South Cerney village – 1 mile
- The Eliot Arms, South Cerney village – 1 mile
- South Cerney Tandoori Balti House & Take-away, 1 mile
- Fish & Chips, South Cerney village – 1 mile
- The White Hart, Ashton Keynes – approx 3 miles
- The Bakers Arms, Somerford Keynes – 4 miles
- The Greyhound Inn, Siddington – 3 miles
- The Wild Duck, Ewen – 5 miles